Anne Brasseur was a member of parliament in Luxembourg for almost 40 years, and the second woman ever to be voted as President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
She was also ambassador of the No Hate Speech movement on the Council of Europe in 2016.
WikiTribune will be at the Oslo Freedom Forum from the 27th to 29th of May. This is your chance to ask questions directly to attendees. For a full list of attendees, see the WikiTribune WikiProject.
Read more about Anne Brasseur on Wikipedia.
Potential interview questions:
Questions by James Chirgwin –
- What do you feel will be the greatest challenges facing the European Community over the next decade?
- Long term, do you see the uncertainty around Brexit and the EU having an impact on the Council of Europe and its role in Europe?
- How do you see the relationship between the EU and Council of Europe developing?
- How do you see the rise in nationalism and populism in Europe affecting the European Communities (such as the CoE and the EU) ?
- How do you feel European nations can best help migrant peoples fleeing conflict to successfully integrate and be welcomed into the European community?