Discuss what matters to youTalk
Curated top stories of the day
- Eight Palestinians killed on Gaza border – At least nine Palestinian protestors were killed by Israeli security forces in a massive demonstration on the Israel-Gaza border. Hundreds were also injured by gun fire, rubber bullets and gas inhalation. Israel authorities estimated the demonstration at 30,000 people who were demanding the “right to the return” to former Palestinian villages that are now part of Israel. Israel said at at least two of the dead were affiliated with Hamas.
- South Korea exempted from Trump steel tariff – South Korea is considering more favorable treatment of U.S. auto exports in order to avoid the 25 percent tariff on their own steel, according to Reuters. South Korea is the number one steel exporter to the United States. Trade officials from both countries established multiple changes to deal Korean Free Trade Agreement also known KORUS over the span of a month. South Korea prioritized solidifying the deal b
- Erdogan says France could be a “target of Turkey” – Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan excoriated French President Emmanuel Macron for meeting with the Syrian Kurdish group known as YPG, what he sees as a terrorist organization. He said France could become a “target of Turkey.”
You can edit and add moreEdit
New on WikiTribune – or go to all stories
Say what people need to knowTalk
WikiProjects – or go to all projects
- Analyzing Trump’s hatred of Amazon – The WikiTribune community is reporting whether Trump’s claims of Amazon driving brick & mortar stores out of business, and why he’s so focused on attacking the world’s largest retailer. Looking for help explaining Trump tax policy, Amazon’s relationship to the postal service and whether job numbers have suffered because of online retail.
- Explaining lawsuit against Google for restricting conservative speech – Google won the lawsuit, but we need help explaining the decision and Youtube’s policy for restricting inappropriate content.
What we’re reading
Add your own must readsEdit
The good, the bad and the uglyTalk