Hi! I’m working on a piece about how the rise of private space companies is a relatively recent one and asking if their impact makes state space programs redundant.
If you would like to discuss, please contribute on the TALK page.
Some questions I’m trying to answer
- Who can do space exploration cheaper: the state or private sector?
- Does the state get enough benefit from space related programs?
- Is space related research going to almost solely become private companies’ territory in the future?
How you can help
- If anybody out there works in the space sector, whether that be public or private, or is a researcher, lecturer, scientist etc it would be great to hear from you. Please contribute your expert opinions on how you think the two sectors differ, what they achieve or their downsides, future predictions of the state and private space sector, what you are working on and other ideas.
- If you come across relevant articles or reports please link to them on the TALK page.
- Provide relevant statistics such as how much GDP do countries/have countries spent on space programs in the past?
- Include any benefits or disadvantages state/private space exploration has given.