Project: Tech is dedicated to providing and discussing quality coverage of technology and related subjects on WikiTribune. For related Projects go to ‘See Also’ below. Guidelines, tips, and ideas are all mutable so please edit and improve. You can pitch ideas on the TALK page, or for more topical issues, on the Daily News Agenda.
Rough guidelines and tips:
- Avoid ‘the next big thing’ reporting – every tech company thinks their invention is sliced bread.
- If reporting on the impact of a subject, consider this from multiple perspectives and clearly differentiate fact from conjecture.
- Examine the source carefully. Reports or information given out at press junkets or conferences may significantly vary from the reality of the situation
- Simplify concepts without leaving out important detail – the reader may not understand coding or hardware but can grasp the underlying story
Stories in Draft
- Will blockchain replace the business plan?
- Sex robots are coming: Was it good for you?
- Lab-grown Meat: How can we satisfy future demand?
- China’s Great Firewall may block its dream
- Smartphones helping to reduce maternal mortality in Kenya
- What does the FCC’s net neutrality repeal mean outside the U.S.?
- Uber’s future in London
- Net thinker Lessig sees corporate and government threats to internet
- Analysis: What does Martin Shkreli’s Facebook post tell us about free speech?
- Explainer: The automation of war
- Emerging: Elon Musk heading to Mars by 2024