Project: Education is dedicated to providing and discussing quality coverage of global education on WikiTribune. It can be a place where Education related news will be published and will help to improve WikiTribune. You can pitch ideas on the TALK page, or for more topical issues, on the Daily News Agenda.
Rough guidelines and tips:
- Writing News on Education: always bear in mind how it can be helpful in the Education Sector.
- News related international Conference on Education, New Education Systems, Movement of new education strategy is welcomed.
- Avoid partisan reporting. Let the reader take what they want away from the article.
- Just because a subject comes across in a negative/positive light, does not mean coverage is ‘skewed’. Reporting on the facts is very different from steering the reader towards a conclusion. We should always aim to do the former, and not think of how the subject may end up being perceived subjectively in the eyes of the reader.
- Whenever making a statement about an event, statistics, something someone said, or a policy, link to the source.
- For now this covers the whole gamut of education from kindergarten to U3A, if this grow we can always spin out special sub projects for things like postgraduate study, pre school and high school.
Stories in Draft
- Q&A: who are fact-checkers and what do they do?
- How fact-checking evolved in the internet era
- Wikidata: A growing community behind open data
- How education became a political weapon