President Donald J. Trump has a long established relationship with the tabloid media which stretches back decades. This project seeks to collect information to record and understand his association, as president of the United States of America, with tabloid journalism and paparazzi photographers.
We need help reporting on this project.
Some questions we’ve thought of
- Does Trump generate media revenue by appearing in tabloid headlines?
- Does Trump have any formal relationships with tabloid photographers, and if so, with whom?
- Who are the people in the world of tabloid journalism who are closest to Trump?
- Do any contracts and/or agreements exist between tabloids and Trump?
Tell us what's missing from the reporting so far?
Tell us what's missing from the reporting so far?Talk
We haven’t started any stories specifically related to this topic.
What facts or background could you add?
What facts or background could you add?Edit
- Confessions of a Trump Tabloid Scribe – Susan Mulcahy writes about how Trump’s relationships with tabloids began long before his TV show “The Apprentice”, and may have been an essential part of his political development.
- Tales from the Tabloids – Six authors recount their early experiences with Trump. This article concludes that Trump’s relationship with tabloids allowed him to “put together a run for the White House the likes of which has never been seen.” The article also says Trump was a revenue source for tabloid publications.
- ‘Catch and kill’: How a tabloid shields Trump from troublesome stories – Documents how the National Inquirer has paid for stories about Donald Trump, only to not publish them.
- The most glowing stories about Trump run in tabloid media. Why the romance? – Covers some of the basic relationships that Trump has with the tabloid press, including a story about a time a tabloid editor and his daughter flew on Trump’s private plane.
- The Making of the Tabloid Presidency – Sam Tanenhaus looks at Breitbart News and suggests that Trump is best understood by his relationship with his former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon. It also elaborates on Trump’s longtime relationship with his personal lawyer and former mentor Roy Cohn.
Any links to further reading you'd suggest?
Any links to further reading you'd suggest?Edit
To investigate this story to WikiTribune standards, we need people who know persons involved in the tabloid industry or who have themselves worked in the media.