Project: Cryptocurrencies is dedicated to providing and discussing quality coverage of cryptocurrencies on WikiTribune. For related Projects go to ‘See Also’ below. Guidelines, tips, and ideas are all mutable so please edit and improve. Pitch new ideas on the Talk Page of this project or for more current events, on our Daily News Agenda.
Rough guidelines and tips:
- Make sure to note the status of any given concept or proposal. Are the uses hypothetical or have they been tested on a practical or preferably large scale?
- Cryptocurrency is still a relatively new field. This means what are facts one day may be fiction the next. Try and give due weight to competing ideas whenever appropriate and always find a secondary source to back up the first.
- Check the legal status of what is being reported on. Failure to mention, for example, whether or not a market is accessible to US fiat currency can at times be a failure to mention a potentially important part of coverage.
- If reporting on the impact of a subject, consider this from the mindset of the reader and their everyday life. This can include effects on the wider financial market and therefore the economy.
Stories in Draft
- Cryptocurrency site NiceHash confirms hack
- Will blockchain replace the business plan?
- Bitcoin hits $10,000, sparking division over ‘bubble’ or investment status
- Big Read: Boom in Bitcoin and Ethereum brings surge in initial coin offerings
- Various Reddit communities can lead to reliable sources. Please note that Reddit itself is never to be used as a reference. Caution is advised due to potential undisclosed conflicts of interest.
- Original Satoshi White Paper
Thanks, Jimmy Wales