This project is dedicated to discussing and planning community-driven stories on gender, including gender-based violence and discrimination, gender recognition, and equality.
- “Gender” here refers to the characteristics of biological sex, sex-based social structures, and gender identity.
- We will not be debating what is and what isn’t gender, but we could possibly report on important debates surrounding gender.
Stories in progress
Please help us report on these stories in progress.
Published WikiTribune stories
- Q&A: Li Tingting on #RiceBunny, China’s #MeToo behind the Great Firewall
- New sexual harassment rules aim to reform UK politics
- 100 years after suffrage, UK women still chase equality
- Q&A: Suffragette descendant sees modern parallel in #MeToo
- Sexual politics confront modern sexual etiquette
- Anti-‘MeToo’ letter defends men’s right to ‘steal a kiss’
- Fired employee sues Google for discrimination against white male conservatives
- Sex and power – a turning point?
- British supermarket giant faces £4bn pay claim
- What you need to know about Ireland’s abortion referendum
- The Weinstein Company and how a deal to sell it collapsed
- The legal cost of sexual harassment
- UK high court holds hearing on ‘genderless’ passports
- In Catholic Ireland, legal abortion is within reach