Charlie Kirk, Founder and President of TPUSA, tweeted about the Sept. 11 terror attacks:
Fact: Of the 19 hijackers who carried out 9/11: 15 out of 19 were Saudi Arabian Saudi never paid ANY price for what they did to America. Every victim’s family from 9/11 should sue Saudi for billions.
“Of the 19 hijackers who carried out 9/11: 15 out of 19 were Saudi Arabian”
Fact Check: True.
- The CIA has listed hijackers (PDF) with their detailed personal information and nationalities.
- CNN lists hijackers by nation of origin:
Read CNN’s Fast Facts on the 19 hijackers of September 11, 2001, and learn more about the individuals involved in this terroristic attack.
“Saudi never paid ANY price for what they did to America.”
Fact Check: Still pending.
- The Independent reports that as of March 2018, a US District Judge has ruled there is “reasonable basis” to allow thousands of survivors and families of the Sept. 11 terror attacks to bring legal action to Saudi Arabia:
A US court has rejected Saudi Arabia’s request to throw out lawsuits claiming the Middle Eastern nation helped plan the 9/11 terror attacks. District judge George Daniels said there was “a reasonable basis” to allow legal action seeking billions of dollars in damages for victims.
- Newsweek details how Saudi Arabia’s motion to end these lawsuits was rejected:
A district judge in New York has rejected Saudi Arabia’s motion to end a lawsuit that would hold the Sunni Muslim kingdom responsible for the terrorist attacks that took place on September 11, 2001. The judge determined Wednesday that the U.S. court can assume jurisdiction under the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (JASTA), which Congress passed in 2016.
- Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (Wikipedia)
- US judge: Iran must pay $6bn to victims of 9/11 attacks (Al Jazeera)
- Saudi Arabia faces $6 billion U.S. lawsuit by Sept. 11 insurers (Reuters)