These were formulated early last decade, but stand true today.
Rebecca Blood was an early and eager blogger. She posts less these days, but has become an established source on the ways to regulate the open quality of today’s internet. This is an expanded explanation of her six rules, which are:
1. Publish as fact only that which you believe to be true.
2. If material exists online, link to it when you reference it.
3. Publicly correct any misinformation.
4. Write each entry as if it could not be changed; add to, but do not rewrite or delete, any entry.
5. Disclose any conflict of interest.
6. Note questionable and biased sources.